She's finally here!!

Now that my new little bundle of joy is 2 weeks old -- my how time flies -- I suppose it's about time to introduce her to everyone!! hehehe

I don't know how many of you care about my birth story, but I'll share a very condensed version of it. 

- - - - -

I had a scheduled induction on Friday, July 20th. I was 4 days past my due date and since baby was measuring big, both my dr. and I felt it was time. Having never been induced before I was a little nervous.  My other two labors and deliveries went pretty smoothly, (16 and 10 hours) and most of labor was spent at home. Not only was I facing the unknown (being induced) but I would also have to spend my entire labor at the hospital -- something I didn't really want to do because I didn't know how long that would be. 

We arrived at the hospital at 6am -- way too early for this girl -- and pitocin was started around 7:30. Why so long before it got started?!?! Well, let's just say, my veins are deep and I came out looking like a pin cushion!! 

For the next several hours my husband did this:

While I was doing this:

{pics taken with my iphone.. sorry if they aren't crystal clear!}

Seems to me like he got off easy!! I will admit though, until about the last hour and a half of my labor -- when pitocin was turned up to 10 -- labor was actually pretty bearable! 

After 6 hours of labor and 3 pushes my little girl was born at 1:42pm! She came so quickly that the nurses were preparing to deliver her thinking that the dr. might not make it in time. 

8 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches long!! 

A little bit cleaner, and under the warmer. 

After a bath, and some prettying up, she was swaddled and sleeping peacefully.

Once we got settled into my recovery room, my hubby left to pick up our other two kiddos and his mom to visit. 

Can you tell how excited they are to meet their new baby sister?!!? 

Each of the kids got a present from the new baby. She gave them each a stuffed animal from Build a Bear. 

After much debate, we finally decided on her name... Sarah Elizabeth.

We came home on Sunday the 22nd. It's amazing how small newborns really are, I had totally forgotten how little and fragile they are. Even though she was a big baby at 8 lbs 11 oz, she's still really small. Crazy how that works, huh!? 

To say we are in love with this little cutie would be an understatement. Despite being up most of the night with her, she has been an angle. I am finally starting to get a little used to my 2 hr stretches of sleep at night. 

My husband has been my biggest helper. From taking care of me at the hospital, to taking care of our other two 24/7, not to mention getting up with me at night time feedings to change Sarah's diaper while I sleep walk out to the couch he has been so helpful. I'm sad that he has to go back to work tomorrow, but so thankful that he was able to take 2 weeks off to be home while I recovered. He has been so wonderful -- even on those days (I won't say how many) that neither of us got to shower. I am hoping to survive that day tomorrow without crying... and if I can get a shower in there it will be a miracle! 

A couple days ago I set up my own photo session with Sarah. I will give you a sneak peek at how the shots turned out, but I'm saving the rest of them for another post!! 

I am so thankful to have such a precious little girl added to our family. She is definitely heaven sent! We love her so much, and even though my son is having a hard time keeping his grubby little fingers off of her face, we are all adjusting pretty well to being a new family of 5! 

Have a great weekend everyone!! 


  1. Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful princess Sarah Elizabeth. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

  2. Congratulations to you on your family on the new addition! Sarah Elizabeth is so beautiful and precious! Glad to hear that you and baby are doing well.

  3. Awww, congrats! She is so precious!!


Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!